Saturday, June 4, 2011

Addi's 4th Birthday


Addi HAD to have a Scooby Doo birthday party. She is obsessed with the whole gang. And actually, she likes Scooby the least because he's not pink.

My cute birthday girls who loves to strike a pose!

Here's the goodie table
with the Scooby snacks, of course


The first thing we did was color t-shirts that had the whole scooby gang on them. This was no small endeavor. It took me forever to iron on! I even burned my bathroom counter. (That makes 2 burnt counters in my lifetime.) But it was worth it!


Jinkies! Velma lost her glasses! They were hidden all over the kitchen and then they played "Pin the Glasses on Velma".

Next, Shaggy was hungry for scooby snacks, so we fed him PLENTY of snacks. The kids really loved this game. We put the line close enough so the kids were all getting them in his mouth. I think they were proud they could do it. Haha. (And I was proud of my drawings!)


I can't believe that they make Scooby pinatas! It was hard to figure out what games to play for a scooby party. Thank goodness for this pinata. This one was a hit! (haha no pun intended).

We had our traditional Little Cesaer's pizza.


Next we went to open presents, but they were missing! Gang, it looks like we've got a mystery to solve! The birthday phantom had stolen them! NO matter how much we told the kids that he was a really nice phantom, we still had some kids way too scared to even help us figure out the mystery.

We searched for clues in each room that finally led to the phantom (our neighbor Casjen) hiding in the bathtub with all the gifts. He had a white sheet draped over him. We snuck up on him and then ran back downstairs to devise a plan to trap him. We set up one more birthday present and called him down. All the kids were hiding behind the couch. The only two brave enough to watch were Alyssa and Addi.

When the phantom came down to get the last present, we trapped him! We took off the sheet to reveal who our phantom was! Casjen said, "I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids!" Addi was in shock and was so excited! We had two kids with tears of joy and relief. It was pretty funny. We got it all on video, so no pics of this part of the party.

Excited to open gifts!


Ben enjoyed his cupcake even though he got booted to the floor.

And finally we played Scooby, Scooby, Phantom (duck, duck, goose) and Freeze Dance to the Scooby Doo theme song. They wanted to dance forever! The kids were having a blast and screaming so loud. At this point, I was ready for the dance party to be over!


These last two pictures show Alyssa playing duck, duck, goose with Addi and the kids cracking up at her. She was saying silly things each time she ducked a kids head. They were dying laughing at her. Alyssa was in her glory. She kept going around for awhile as she enjoyed all the attention. Too funny!


Below is the mysterious floating bat. It took me awhile to figure that mystery out.

After the party, we had our own little family party. Addi waited all day to open her gifts. We wanted to wait for dad to come home. She was okay with that because I let her open two Scooby Doo DVDs in the morning and she carried them around with her all day. (Don't ask me why this is underlined! I can't get it off!)


I think this was one of her favorite gifts!

Whew! I made it through the day! I feel like a free woman now!

7 comments:

Caitlin and Josh said...

Ok, seriously all your planning and hard work paid off! This turned out so great! I wish you could come down to Utah and throw me a birthday party...you are the party planner of the century. And Addi looked so cute, oh my word.

Tracy said...

Okay, I've watched that video a gazillion times now. Why is she so funny when she's not even trying to be? And Alyssa being the big funny older sister in all her glory- hilarious. I can totally see it. I still can't believe your birthday parties. If we lived closer (I mean if you lived closer to us) I would hire you to do Penny's parties for sure.

Leslie said...

Okay Tracy...you probably didn't watch the video as much as I did!! That was sooooo funny. I didn't think she was going to stop with the long scream...hahahahaha. And everything about that party was wonderful. I'm so proud of your party planning..you didn't inherit that from me...I bought the pin the tail on the donkey game..oh wait...you haven't had a clown at the kids party yet! Oh and seeing Ben on the floor eating in his chair made me laugh out loud!!!

Sarah, RN said...

you are your parties!!! Amazing! good job girly, sooo fun.

mle photography said...

you are amazing kelly!! so so creative...I can tell Addi had the best day ever!

kathleen said...

This party looked like the most fun ever! I died laughing at the video of Addi screaming when she saw the van! You are so creative! Wish I could have been there.

Stacey said...

I didn't even get an invitation! Loved the video - and the scream - I can't get enough of it. Your kids are so precious. Ben sitting on the floor with the biggest grin. Alyssa being the best big sister. Addi with the biggest smiles ever. So funny about the kids being scared. Next time make it so they really have something to be scared about! Blog more - or we will need to change your blog name to The Nelsons Birthday Blogs Only. Cute, cute, cute!